Step2 Naturally Playful Picnic Table with Umbrella

Step2 Naturally Playful Picnic Table with Umbrella





Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Folding Picnic Table Plans - Do You Need Them?

As I talked about before, I recently made an outdoor table for children. Afterwards, I opinion about development an adjustable table instead. While going straight through my woodworking plans, I came across an inspiring idea: folding picnic table plans. It sounded like a good explication for anyone who doesn't have a lot of space, likes to put their table away for the winter, or even wants a transportable table for camping and the park. A folding table could also be good as a backup table, especially for population with a lot of extended family.

Making a folding table doesn't seem too difficult. The table top is made in the same way as a former picnic table - I could see adapting it actually for a collection of sizes and shapes. The legs are similar as well, except you attach them in a different way. One disagreement I saw was attaching the legs on one side, then creating many hooks on the other side. It was kind of like a tv tray. You also want legs that cross like an x with a hinge in the middle. This way, the legs can lay flat.

Picnic Table

One disagreement I would consequent is to make the table adjustable. That way, you can make it higher or lower depending on who you plan on sitting there. The top height I would set for adults, while the bottom could be child sized. Of course, if you don't have kids, you could make the top setting countertop height, and then use the table for a buffet.

Folding Picnic Table Plans - Do You Need Them?

Could you make this type of table without plans? I think it's definitely possible, especially if you are an experienced wood worker. However, I'd rather be safe and consequent a plan specifically for a folding picnic table. If I were to make this, I would pull out a set to follow.

Folding Picnic Table Plans - Do You Need Them?

george foreman grill recipies

No comments:

Post a Comment